Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bravery and Commitment

I love reading blogs; I read several every day.  Sometimes I check out the blogs read by the bloggers I'm reading (confused yet?), and find new treasures.  I've considered blogging on my own many times, but basically have chickened out of doing it, using the tried and true excuses:  not enough time, who could possibly be interested in what I have to say, I'm afraid of who will see it and what they will think of me, etc.

But then I find myself wanting to post something on Facebook, and there's not enough room.  Or God does something really neat for me or someone I know, and there just aren't enough people to share the excitement with. And then a dear friend challenges me to put it out there (thanks, Don!).

So here I am.  This is a brave move for me. It requires commitment, something I never take lightly. And I already have a lot of commitments.  But God....never lets me go.  And I am compelled - by gratitude, by love, and by His power - to tell about it!

So - first step, deep breath - - - let this journey begin!

Psalm 40:10
I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation. Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.

No comments:

Post a Comment